I’ve been working on links all day, and now I’m completely stare-crazy… but I think I have everything listed that should be. Every author I’ve ever come across, by either person, books, or whatever (if you see a name you don’t know, then by-god, click on it and see what they have to offer, they might be your next favorite author); Every publisher I’ve ever come across by books, submission, etc; Every useful tool a writer could need from writers’ social site for exchanging ideas and beta reading, to agent and publisher searches, to everything else I could think of; plus I threw in some of my references I’ve gathered for my own writing (some were actually for other authors’ works, I just held on to them in-case I ever found my own need for them–I haven’t had a need for Victorian slang yet, but I am so determined to try a steampunk story at least once). And I have web-comics and stories, most are free, a couple are pay-to-read, but all are worth the reads. And I have the start of a Games section that I will maybe add to (or remove–I’m undecided)
Now, I can’t say I’m sticking with the present format of the links because I just don’t know if I like how they’re laid out (it just seems so… lengthy). At some point I may make attempts at trying to clean them up some how to make them less overwhelming, but as it is, I have no idea how, so they stay (open for suggestions).
Although, all links should hopefully be active as of now, but for future reference, if anyone finds any that are dead, or not quite going where they should, please let me know. If anyone has a site, or knows of one that might interest me, feel free to make suggestions, and I’ll check it out (this does not permit you to spam me, please try to keep any suggestions relevant).
If you come across any site in my lists that ask you to pay for anything, note that I am not in anyway telling you to (except for the web comics and stories–authors have mouths to feed… thousands of them). Everything provides some amount of useful information for free (some of them have free articles, others have their own FB page that gives you everything), so please do not pay for anything you don’t need to. I am a strict believer in Yog’s Law, and you should be to.
- I Want to Tell You about a Comic I’m Making (jesssmartsmiley.wordpress.com)
- Netjeru, An Ancient Egyptian Web Comic (amateurarchaeologist.wordpress.com)
- Chills to Beat Summer Heat, Part 5 – Ok-su Station Ghost (Bong-Cheon-Dong Ghost Prequel) (horrorboom.com)
- Create Your Own Web Comics & Memes With These Free Tools (makeuseof.com)
- Why is brains so stupid?! (anthonyricher.wordpress.com)
- Highschool Pipe Dream: Creating a Web Comic (shelflifeofabookseller.com)
- xkcd’s 13-Gigapixel Webcomic (tech.slashdot.org)
- Can you help me find this vintage (1999) web comic? (ask.metafilter.com)