This was originally written to be the prologue to something, but I have no idea what. It basically came from one of my many moments where I was reading something and thought, “I can do that better.” And even though I like it, I sadly have no idea what to do with it. I thought maybe making it something for D’arc Lyte, but since I can’t figure out what to do with him either, it sits and does nothing. But, it’s in the notebook that I’m writing ‘Stiym’ in, so it keeps staring at me, and telling me to do something with it… so this is me doing something with it. It might get reused elsewhere, but for now, it’s here…
A smell fills my mind—the memory of a sweet perfume. It calls to me, it rumbles in my mind like a long starvation. My hunger for the flooding tastes of the salty, sweetness with its lasting trace of iron.
I look at my chest-of-drawers—the place where it slumbers. The image of it burns like a glowing ember. It calls for my hand—it calls for my feet—it calls to run free. It calls…
The memories telling me it’s wrong—scolding me to shame as I curl up tighter. I shut my eyes to ignore the burning, but it’s still there to blind me beneath my eyelids, demanding to be served. The memories scold me…
I curl ‘til I feel myself floating—falling. Down into the deep depths of the darkness—my god, the darkness…
It lulls me into submission like a siren’s call—it drowns the memories that tell me “no,” it smothers them as they gasp to silence. And my body responds and I rise…
My existence floats to the chest, slides the drawer where it waits to be brought from its slumber. The objects that hide it are shifted, and I move a false back away revealing its small casket of a box. It creaks as I raise its lid.
I believe it smiles at me as it sees me… and it knows… it’s time to feast.
- Bedtime Poem (talesofye.wordpress.com)
- Mad World (wadingblueheron.wordpress.com)
- The Voice of The Mistress (magentanero.wordpress.com)
- Coming Out (thegermsac.wordpress.com)
- Until You Drive Me Mad (blabbermouthdiaries.wordpress.com)
- Going Mad (lifeisbrilliantlymade.wordpress.com)
- Room 222-Flash Fiction (jrvaldes22.wordpress.com)
- Cutting Words In Flash Fiction (dragonplume.wordpress.com)
- Advice from 6 Amazing Writers on Writing Your First Flash (michaelalexanderchaney.com)
- Balvoc’s Story – Flash Fiction #6 (voidrpg.com)